The idea was just to increase the height...nothing too fancy. It did require losing two of the bottom floors...
And the removal of top fascia (not sure what its called) from the other building...
Typically, I'll just toss out the bottom floor, but this time I tried to preserve some of the important pieces (mainly the 'walls' that hold up the floor above it, and the nice looking stairway feature). My method was to grind the heck out of it on my belt sander! Luckily, this un-conventional approach worked! Its a bit crude, I admit, but now I have pieces that I can remount onto a smaller, thinner sheet of styrene so that the ground floor of this building sits level with the rest of my structures.
Here are the images I used for this structure (same as my 'Kehl/Blokker' building project from earlier this month).
I wasn't sure about how to proceed from here...do I glue each floor together and then have a complete interior section to slide into the exterior shell? Should I add each floor one at a time? Use adhesive or not? Ultimately I decided on the first option, and for the most part it worked out. Below you can see the result before installation.
Weyland-Yutani" corporation, and they even have their corporate logo on the top of the building! Interior details are a mix of homemade cubicles and bits collected over the years.
Hamburg, I liked the look of their logo and the store I visited sort of reminded me a bit of this building), so all the original "HWV" branding that Kato nicely provides was, unfortunately, removed.
'Canon' office building, representing the modern high-rises that have taken over this part of the city (with only the church and its small plaza across the street the sole reminders of the older time sof this area of downtown).
Finally, Happy New Year and Happy Trains!