I wanted to customize the building, but didn't feel like doing a standard 'double up' just to make it taller. My impression of it is that its a decent looking modern building, but lacked windows.
Therefore, I decided to cut a big hole and add windows.
- Painted - exterior with a new beige/tan color, and interior with a thick undercoat of black (to stop light leakage) and then a coat of light grey
- Painted three different tones of greys to the 7 floors.
- Added furniture and details to 5 of the 7 floors (using some of my Luetke Modelbahn furnishings and some homemade cubicles)
- Added LED strips --- these are much easier to use than soldering/wiring individual LED's, although they came with a rubbery 'waterproof' cover that I couldn't remove. It was strange, but ultimately had no effect.
- Added extra signs and LED's for the exterior advertising signs. Mostly using the method explained in this link.
- Created a new ground floor -- the ground floors that come with Kato's buildings are terrific, unfortunately, their sidewalk doesn't integrate well with any other manufacturers sidewalk, so I had to sacrifice it.
- Put it together!