I made good progress earlier this week, but things slowed down as I had to apply coats of primer and surface color with a spray can to many of the materials.
As you can see in the above photo, I applied my transparency sheets (printed on a laser printer) to the acrylic, and then glued my strips of styrene (already painted) on top of that.
Below you can see a more finished look, along with the ground floor, to get an idea of how its going to look:
I also did a little work on preparing the interior details for the lobby - mainly the 'back wall' where the elevator banks would be. I decided to do something a bit different and used some 'rock face' material for the wall to give it a bit of architectural texture!
I referenced waiting for paint to dry above, and the below photo of the 'back wall' illustrates what I was doing. The material is clear acrylic, so I need to spray it with a coat or two of primer to ensure its opaque, then apply the surface color. An area was masked out for the application of more windows that will appear above the rooftops of the adjacent buildings.
While waiting for paint to dry, there is plenty to do, so I also soldered the leads onto the LED strips that I'll be using for the interior lighting.
Next I believe will be additional detailing on the floors, and then installation of the floors and the lighting. I also need to figure out the wiring for the building top logo. After that, I should be pretty close to gluing it all together and seeing what I've got! Stay tuned!