I started last month....
Painting! And some pretty boring process pictures that will hopefully explain more than me having to write about what is really a fairly boring and time consuming part of the building process!
Well, anyway, the top photo and the one below show the first color that I used for the facade sections - which was Tamiya AS-8 "Navy Blue" - and is clearly way too dark.
The photo below shows the completed silver 'window frames' that I masked with Tamiya 6mm masking tape. Applying the silver paint (actually, Model Master 1451 "Aluminum Plate") in several very light coats helps to minimize bleed-through. On top of these the plastic facade sections will be glued.
What I did decide to do was to put down some black paint on the opposite side of the silver window frames. There are two reasons (maybe more) for this: I did not want to put masking tape across the silver paint as I am concerned the tape will lift some or all of the silver paint off the acrylic. Second is that I think the effect of the opaque, black window section will look better on the back side of the acrylic, and will look a lot like many modern buildings do (which don't tend to be full glass from floor to ceiling).
original attempt! Hopefully the next post will have photos with a clear idea of what I am getting into!