3.19.2011

Backdrop Part 2

After some good feedback-which confirmed some of my own concerns-I did some 'editing' on the backdrop today (and other stuff, but no pictures of that for now!).   I had too many mountains so I leveled out one half of the backdrop, airbrushed a bit more Tamiya "Sky Grey" and some other grey tones to add more of a misty blend to the hilltops and mountains in the distance.  Again the photo looks a bit more 'blue' than it does in real life, but it has the atmospheric, misty look I was going for!

The black plastic on the layout is to protect track and stuff from overspray.

4 comments:

  1. Looking great! You've really got the effect of the hills fading into the distance there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking much better. The color still looks a little off to me. However, mountains seen in the distance will take on a blue hue from atmospheric scattering of blue light, so I don't think that's the issue here.

    In any case I like this one much better than the previous photo. Backdrops don't need to be perfect, just to suggest distance and environment, and by that metric it's a good backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Everyone! I'm a lot happier! The magic of airbrush! :-)

    ReplyDelete